Thursday, March 02, 2006

Incompetancy should be a sackable offense

When I started work, if you made a really big screw up, or endangered someone or the company, or you repeatedly didn't do what was asked.. They sacked you.

While I agree that you should be able to be sacked for no reason, it seems to me if you are incompetant and you don't seem to not be this way, they should sack you as unfit for the job.

If you were a rock climber you wouldn't accept a bit of garden string as your life line on the grounds it was doing its best would you?

Mind you, if they did sack, I guess this big open plan office I sit in might be pretty empty

4 comments:

Blandishment Blog said...

We actually had someone sacked here recently for the very subject you mentioned, so, sometimes the system in fact works (though I agree in many cases slackers and so-nothings seem to enjoy a long lazy employment!)

Take care Liz!

Charlie said...

Well, I have to say thats good to hear.. but, when I can name someone whos been in the company 10+ years and clearly struggles with so much as simple IT.... and cant even do simple things reliably, and boss isnt around to notice, so gets away with it, and if I say too much, Im just gonna come over as a whinner.

Blandishment Blog said...

Perhaps they have family higher up in the company!

Charlie said...

maybe.. Would some sense.