Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Boredom is a dangerous animal

If you've ever had a lot of time and limited things you can do, wether that's mobility, noise, health, rules and regulations or lack of ideas. You will know that your mind can do very odd things.

Its the kind of thing such as your ISP craps out, so now all you can think of are emails to send, stuff to download, or, electricity goes and you think of all the rubbish on TV you could watch or videos/dvds.

One of the core reasons kids are destructive is because they are bored. As adults we have generally learnt to control the more destructive elements. However this often only means we don't do them, we still think them.

Yesterday when email at work was down, many of is were bored, and as a result of a slow day today are also funding they wished they had inspiration. Sadly for me, the things I have in my head to do are lace things, sleep, crochet, patchwork or coding. None of which can be done while at work.

I am reading the 2nd Harry potter book at home and I am wishing I had them in ebook form!

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

I tried to keep my kids occupied just for the reasons you mention!

Harry Potter! The kids and I love the books and have been to see all the movies.