Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More on crochet.. (sorry)

Its wierd, since I started this blog I started crochetting, and now its all I seem to blog about, so. I apologise.

Ive completed 1 of those things for my dad, I did about 1/3 of the second to notice Id made a seriously large mistake (forgot to do half the pattern haha) and so had to unpick most of it.. grr.

I got 2 of the crochet books I ordered from amazon:

***SMALL RANT ***

OK, I bought a book called "200 MORE crochet stiches" so, as the title implies you expect 200 stitches, its a darn rip off.. Im almost dreading the 300 crochet stitches (eg vol1) arriving now.. why??

well picture a square of say this

ooxxoo
ooxxoo
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
ooxxoo
ooxxoo

where x and o are different colours, of the same stitch (hence its nameless)

so, according to this book, if x = red and o = black, they've counted showing different colour combos as their 1 of 200 stitches, so if they show 3 combos... thats 3 stitches.. err no, its the same darn one.. and more if they then did

oxoxox
oxoxox
oxoxox

which forms stripes.. they'd have another 3.. all the same actual stitch.. for that..

um

THATS CHEATING, sorry, but thats cheating!! It may have only cost £7.20 but I consider myself taken for a bit of a ride there..

Similarly I also got 200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans .. they have done exactly the same thing!! Having flipped through Id say around 40-50% are identical stitched squares just in different colour patterns so, plain, lines, squares, triangles... yeah but they are the same square underneath!!! Im almost burning to sell books of crochet patterns now, as well it seems I could make a book called "100 fillet crochet patterns" and only have 20 patterns in if I showed 5 of each one in a different color!! now theres an idea...

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

Ah yes, my lack of replies here on many posts is explained by your post stating "Its wierd, since I started this blog I started crochetting, and now its all I seem to blog about"

Knitting, other than hearing about Dr. Who scarves, does nothing for me! :)

While I do read them...I usualy have nothing to say.