Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blizzard.. You really do suck

Now, I dont mean this to sound like an american bashing post.. I have nothing against the sane americans, I have american friends, and love them dearly. However.

AMERICA IS NOT THE ******* CENTER OF THE WORLD OR UNIVERSE..


Ive been playing world of warcraft for around 18 months. I got a game card to start with, then paid with my creditcard, for the last 18 months, this card has happily paid for my time in the game. Last month, I thought I was quitting, why? I was a bit down, and money was feeling tight, so I cancelled.. oh what a mistake that was.

None of the details have changed, the cards balance is 0, its paid off, and has a limit of around 8.5k, so, theres plenty good on it.. so, blizzard rejected my card.. why?? My postcode.

My postcode is 7 characters long.. their box for the code is 6. Therefore the bank wont accept the card transaction coz the postcode is wrong.

After spending 25 minutes to the "free" (if in american) billing team, the rather over zelous guy Jesse who took my call only had one suggestion. Find an american who would buy me a game card and ship me it - as the US game cards cant be bought in the UK either...

I asked him if he would do it, he refused, he had no way to enter the entire code in the box, and wouldnt put me through to his supervisor.

As a girl, there are some days a month you really shouldnt anger us, you really do need to (as my friend Andy says) feed chocolate and agree to everything. Today is one of those days. Jesse my friend you really picked the wrong day to do this.

So, after explaining to him that then his company is as good as banning my account because they refused to take payment because while I dont have an american card, they do allow for people ot travel, and that travel is not always short term, and that by denying my card they are telling me that the previous 18 months play is lost, and that I cant have access to it, but, without actually any fault of my own..

After asking to speak to the supervisor and being told no as I wasnt in america.. he kinda hung up.. thus angering me even more!

Thankfully, all girls best friend is their dad. My dad lives in a place with a shorter postcode, it has the blessed 6 digits. His card of course was accepted. So, world of warcrafting can continue.. but blizzard you really really do SUCK.

6 comments:

Blandishment Blog said...

I would, minus the F Word, either file a complaint with the BBB in the state where Blizzards HQ is; American or not the Better Business Bureau investigates all calls. OR I'd try the Contact Us pahge from Blizzards site and perhaps send an e-mail to the corporate hQ. We all know how bad first line tech support is!

I feel your pain though, when dealing with that type of insanity, I often see read!

Charlie said...

Blizzard do point out rather unfairly on their site that you *MUST* have a US card to play (this was not what was originally there or it wouldnt have let me sigh) however..

In their eyes the US should get one set of servers (I think with australians for some reason), europe another set, and japan another set.. Apparently we cant play with each other..

This was a big issue when they first started as the eu one came out some 6 months later and people were lead to believe the euros would be able to play with their US friends..

On top of that, blizzard also did say they would support people who went abroad, eg, if you were american and went abroad you'd still be able to play.

so, on that note, how am I any different, if I was US posted here, Id need UK addresses....

Anonymous said...

I know it's not that much comfort, but you don't have to live too far away to feel the pointy stick of some stupid policies. I won't even go into how I was able to have a U.S. version of Quickbooks shipped to me and the hoops I had to jump through to get it sent back.

"We're sorry, this number is not accessible from your location."

Hey! I didn't know I could post here with-out having an account, too! Woo!

Uhm. Of topic. Yeah.

Blandishment Blog said...

one other thing I must say is while it does not offend me (as I have used that word way too many times) the site of the F word in all caps was a bit distressing, since I know my kids sometimes visit my blog, which has a link to yours. However, I already have my router set to block that word on their PC's!

Charlie said...

I removed the F word.. however, it was deserved by blizzard.

Considering they actually used to advertise the fact that they deliberately did it so the US people could go abroad and still play..

What would be the difference to me moving here?

Im still really really mad at them

Blandishment Blog said...

I would still be mad as well and would also try what I said in my initial comment to your post.

Hey! Check out the interesting PC mod on my blog today!