Friday, April 14, 2006

Tv solutions to debt

Thankfully I dont have debt other than my mortgage, so, Im very lucky in that way. However, it really irritates me when you see the following on tv.. (not word for word but this is the story)

Person: Hi, I have 20k of credit card bills and I just cant afford to pay them
company: Why not take out our loan, spread the debt over the next 10 years or so so you pay say half what they're asking now, and then you can spend MORE money you dont have and be tied to this forever more!

All the ads say, get a loan : well if you have high interest like creditcards, yes, I can see a point, but, you really really dont want one over a long term you want it as short as you can, but, trying to pay off as quick as you can, so yes, you will need to push your limit to as close as you can.

All the ads then imply that once you have their loan the fact you still owe tons of money and will do for years that you should blow the cash on holidays and cars etc that no offense, if you havent got the money, you should do without! Yes a new car would be nice, yes 2 weeks in some sunny place would be great.. but if you dont have the money... DONT DO IT

No comments: