Saturday, April 01, 2006

Squrirrel Nutkin

Last night on tv was said one of the dumbest things I think Ive ever heard. To the point Id share it with you. For this you have to understand that much as squirrels are the cutested little things, they are technically vermin. So..

A squirrel is caught in a carwash, theres a chain that opperates one of the bits of machinery and hes got his foot into the chain of it and its stuck.. So, the nice animal man rescues the poor thing, its lost 1 toe, but its covered in oil, and very much in shock from the whole thing.

So, a few days later after lots of anti biotics the squirrel is healthy, the man says "Now the squirrel is healthy, we can put it down" OH MY GOD, they made it better just to kill it?? thankfully, he continues "or give it to a shelter" .. but I ask you, vermin or not, if you were only going to put it down surely just killing it at the time would have been far more sensible.. Im really happy they sent it to the shelter, but, what a dumb thing to say!

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

I had a wild one as a pet when I was around 11. It used to eat our of my hand and never bit me though it would scratch others. Never quite made the vermin association before though. My son Scott loves the one in Ice Age.