Thursday, September 13, 2007

On holiday!

Well its lunchtime Thursday, and the holiday is going well, I guess there was an element of disappointment in that the "beach" that was supposed to be 100m from the house is not a beach by anyones standard really, the sea is there but a concrete ramp and a couple of rocks isn't really a beach IMHO



Its nice though to sit on the bench against the front of the house wall and listen to the sea, or at night look up and see a ton of bats, and the night sky in such clarity its so impressive!! You clearly see the multitude of stars and the almost cloud the distant ones form, so much so you can actually find it hard to see the main constalstions because there are just so many stars there and none seem dim so to pick out brighter ones seems impossible!



Today, I sit outside the national seal sanctuary, while hubby goes in, there is a lot of walking to do in there and in a way, not a huge amount to see, well there is a lot to see and make you smile, but the predominant memory is of the walking.



I got some ok photos, but, all the ones of the otters they were moving far too fast, silly things, very active!



I hadn't reallised just how big some seals are.. One they had weighs 350kg!!! Holy fish Batman, that's a big seal, even so, he still looks very cute.



We found a beach for Charlie to play on, mainly sand and this afternoon the plan after getting some food is to go back and Charlie is going to go in and get very wet.

2 comments:

Blandishment Blog said...

It sounds like everyone had a great time! I am gald! I need a quiet getaway like that I think!

Charlie said...

You'd have loved it, in fact, um, if I could have gone on my own.. it would have been heaven!!