Friday, August 31, 2007

Our visitor


Today we had a visitor, sadly she didnt stay with us too long. I guess it was not sad, but, it was sad for us for she was very nice!

Her name is Amber, I found her, as only I would.. I was on the way to the vets to pickup some vitamin pills for my own furry friends and I saw this poor thing walking down a very busy road, limping like mad.. If you look closely at the picture, you can see her left ear has is all bunched up as she has cauliflour ear.. She had no collar and no chip.. sigh..

It turns out she regularly wanders off and has to be rescued. Im kinda annoyed by this, shes old, and shes lovely, how irrisponsible do you have to be to not chip her and stick a collar on her (see shes wearing one here and was quite happy in it)

She was pleased to see her daddy when he came to get her. All the limp and stiffness went as she bounced up to see him. It was good to see her happy and back with someone she loves - she didnt seem to mind us too much though, as she wanted to go home in my car. Seemed almost put out to go back in her Daddys.

This is the second dog Ive found with no collar, no chip. The chips cheaper than a few days of food, its painless and ensures should something happen and your dog gets away somehow, they can bring them back to you quickly. Why would you not do it????

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

I can't imagine why someone would not chip their dog!!!!