Monday, March 26, 2007

2 people Im proud to call friends

Now, if you've ever seen the series on BBC tv called "grumpy old ".. and its theres a women and a men series, you'd know I fit in the grumpy old women section. I find children highly irritating, the world is not as it should, manners seem gone, children just seem rude, noisy, ill mannered, ungrateful and in general need of a good slap!

So, I feel that I need to tell you two, two children around 13 years old that I am proud to consider friends, Im proud to know and anyone who finds children as annoying as I would want to know too!

For their sake, I wont use their names, but theres a girl and a boy, they arent brother and sister, not even step brother/sister, but thats probably the nearest. The come from a big family, many in the family do not seem to share their manners but certainly these two do, they've not had playstations handed to them like they fall out the sky, they've not had much handed to them on a plate, they are prepared to work for things, and as a result, they come to karate, they dont mess about, they appreciate that their respective parents PAY for the lessons and as a result, they try. Dont get me wrong, they are kids, they have fun, they can be silly, they can get worked up over what are most likly trivial things. But, its almost funny, but they find most of the other kids, annoying. Just like I do, they wish they would shut up, would try, would have some respect and the boy gets so frustrated when people mess around. The girl has respect for peoples posessions, they are both very observant about people, their reactions, their feelings.

Sure there are kids out there who have had harder lives, or who deal with great adversities but, in someways those kids have had strong reasons to grow up faster and have forgone a lot of their childhood. These two have found what Id like to term the "perfect balance" they do have fun, they are kids, but they have all the values us grumpy old farts want to see in kids.

I wish, I wish of all things, that there were more kids like these two. If these two came to me and asked to stay the night, Id have no quarms in having them in my home, heck, I would trust these two to have a door key and let themselves in if I werent there.. any of the others I wouldnt even want through my front door unless I was going to be allowed to treat them as my own, eg, you do something dangerous or repeatedly wrong without care and thought.. you get a slap.

So, while Im not a drinking person. Please, hold your glasses up to these two. For they really really are, great kids. Im proud to have met them, and honored that they consider me a friend.

2 comments:

Blandishment Blog said...

Thhat is so awesome! I am please to have three kids, that, for the most part are really ood kids, though, I daresay, not quite THAT good!

Charlie said...

These 2 are really special kids, its hard to really do them justice, except anyone would be proud to be related to these too.