Thursday, February 12, 2009

Falling for the gimic!

Ever watched tv and had that want to buy something, yet you know in your heart either

a) its too good to be true for the price
b) you wont use it as much as your brain is telling you it will
c) you cant really afford it

Well.

Things like bread makers and so on tend to fall into this category, simply because you dont *NEED* one, but, somehow you want one.. For the bread maker its that pour a bunch of stuff in a container, pick a number, hit go, come back in a couple of hours to a great hot nice loaf, you didnt spend ages kneeding or stretching, or moving around, sitting in some spot waiting for it to rise.. you just fed it, and get to eat it a while later..

Here it seems we see more darn cooking programs than you can imagine, if its not new ones, its repeats, theres currently at least 4 cooking programs on a day on just the 5 terrestrial channels, let alone additional freeview/satellite channels.. seriously you could actually just watch cooking programs all day..

One thing they have been harping on about for a while now all these programs is

making your own pasta

So.. I got me a pasta maker, from amazon.
I need to stress just how much I *HATE* city link who are a useless waste of space, a delivery company who it can only be termed "lie" to you, who only deliver during working hours (funny, how do you think we afford the stuff we ordered??) who try twice, or rather claim to try twice, and then demand that you PAY for them to come again.. But in this weeks incident, having told them to leave it with neighbours, didnt bother, so I had to go collect, I phoned to check it was there, was assured it was, spent best part of 45+ minutes in the car getting there.. to be told.. "Oh hes broken down and is ".. about half mile from my house.. but. noooooo, couldnt drive back and meet the guy noooooo.. So, it hadnt been there when I called to check, I had spent 45 minutes+ in my car to be told it wasnt there.. Not a happy bunny

So, I refused to leave without it.

They obviously sensed trouble :P funny that.

anyway, just as one of the drivers had taken pitty on me and was going to get them to redeliver free of charge, and get the guy to ring my mobile so I could go home and collect it and all that.. mr "I broke down" arrived ..

I had left home about 4.45, I got back home... 7.30

it was too late to start with the idea of making pasta.. so it got put off

I made it tonight

Much like the others who mentioned on amazon that they had issues clamping the device down, I did too, because my kitchen top hasnt enough of a lip to clamp things to, but, to be frank you can hold the machine with one hand and turn the handle with the other..



This was the pasta before I cooked it. I did fear the first lot would look bad, especially as I hadnt exactly got lovely straight sheets (like lasagne sheets) prior to putting through the cutters to turn to strips, but.

I think that turned out pretty good!

No comments: