Thursday, June 15, 2006

Equality at its finest

Before you groan, no this isn't a gender thing, this is a because its anyone but "me" type thing

We've all had things at one point that weren't fair, if someone else had (not) done something it would have been fine, but it seems because it was you.. It was a problem

I had a couple of days off around the weekend, a total in fact of 2.5, our service levels grant is supposedly 5 days to do pretty much anthing, so, it seems because some servers went live and they weren't checked for all the things they needed (I should say here the servers aren't my problem) and the protocol for keepinging time in sync ntp wasn't working, and I wasn't there to correct a firewall rule they hadn't asked for.. Its me that's been blamed for it all.. Yet the guy who got the firewall rule wrong is allowed to not deal with requests for months, and get them wrong with no repocussions. So, hence I am mad that I've been blamed for having a very short period of time off, in fact my only time off so far this year really and no more planned, but its fine for these same people to remove all admin rights by mistake and generally screw up on a regular basis

No comments: