Saturday, June 03, 2006

The curse of ebay

Ive been quiet I know, why?? Ive been crochetting and unpicking and recrochetting like a demon I swear Id probably be mostly through the 3rd one of the set if it wasnt for the number of mistakes I keep finding that arent like "oh well never mind" status..

So, ebay.. I need to explain here, Im a tight wad with my money, I am the person that picks coins off the street, Im the person who walks around with nothing in their wallet so they cant spend it, Im the person with the savings account and Id rather go without food than take money out of it.. so.

Why do I spend so much time buying on ebay?? I *HATE* shopping, cant stand it, but because I can sit here, and pretty much anything I want I can find.. and buy, and often cheaper than bothering to leave the house.. This week Ive bought enough wool to well keep me going till the end of time at a guess.. If Id ordered a bit more Id need to empty the garage just to store it, its a rediculous amount, Ive bought at a quick guess Im supposing its over 25kg of the stuff.. (thats a lot btw thats like 60, I also bought a few stitch markers, oh and a new set of bathroom taps!! (We always wanted one with a shower thingy attachment)

Ive probably spent over 200 pounds in the last month or so.. sigh..

I need to quit ebay, but I cant, coz everything my heart dreams up is there, at a good price.

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

e-bay can be a blessing....or a curse. I have gotten many things there at excellent prices, though many times I can find the stuff cheaper at Amazon or other sites. How much of the stuff I bought there in the first months after the divorce did I need??

ALL OF THEM!!