Thursday, July 12, 2007

Today @ work

Today at work I had to sit with an engineer who was fitting some hardware to a piece oh kit we already owned.

Let's be realistic here, he had to put in 1 card and 2 tape drives

Its 2PM... He arrived at 9.30 he's spent most of the day on the phone to either his colleuges or other clients, and, as yet, has not installed even 1 piece of kit

As I have to sit with him to make sure he doesn't steal any tapes or data, I have to say the last 4.5 hours of my life have not passed quickly or enjoyably. Playing beakout on my BlackBerry and dropping some random friends emails has been all that's keeping me sane... Its cold in here, and windy from the aircon, its a little like a long airplane ride except I am sitting on the floor and I can't eat or drink in here.

I am a little worried that the next 90 minutes will not see job complete, and that come hometime I shall still be sitting here, wondering if this is gonna end anytime soon....

PS - end note here: I ended up leaving work at just after 6pm, it was a seriously long day and so much more could have been made of today, but it was wasted sitting there in that cold room watching the guy on the phone.

No comments: