Saturday, April 07, 2007

A big big thank you!

I went to the opticians today, what a con that is, 175 pounds for a pair of lenses, which the "1hr stop shop" will have taken 3 hours to do start to finish.. sigh.. oh and I had to pay an extra for anti reflective coating despite not wanting it, as otherwise they'd have to "send off" for lenses which would be like a week... And if you could see my old ones, believe me, waiting a week wasnt an option.

anyway, I sat there with some lady who was waiting for her husband, and the 15 minute wait turned to conversation (as we british women do) and well, the short version is, I had in my pocket a voucher for 30 quid off a full set of glasses, which, had 2 parts, 1 for me, and 1 for "friend or family" .. so I gave them the friend or family one, why not, I dont know anyone else likely to go to the opticians in question, and well they would be using it, so, it was no skin off my nose..

So, I come out of my appointment having been told no my prescription hasnt changed - which was no surprise there, to find her waiting for me and I got a pressie of a pack of thorntons (best uk chocs!) mini eggs!! How kind was that.

So, to you mrs you really are kinda and wonderful and renewed my faith that humanity and manners arent long dead! May you and your husband have a great easter and life to come.

No comments: