Friday, December 26, 2008

So, Christmas is done with..

Part of me always feels so alone at christmas, I think its because of all the hype on tv. It goes on about how its a special time of year, how good prevails, or that theres always someone super loving and kind, and that magic always happens.

A wise man once said you cant feel more alone than in a crowded city, and I think in many ways thats true, when the expectations of being with people is highest, you can realise most that no one knows you and you arentnt that close to people as you thought.

This year I find myself thinking of someone who got divorced this year, who has smiled despite every bit of crap thrown at them, they are someone who makes me smile and someone I care a lot for as a result. Sadly, Im not spending Christmas with them, we're in touch but its not the same.

So, to my friend this is a public note - you'll never read - to say at this moment I have the most love for you, of all people out there, because I know this year you are even more alone than I feel, and its for this reason, its me thinking of you, and I wish I could make you smile as much as you do me. You mean a lot.

As for those of you who do read this :) and I know you guys are my good friends, I think of you too, Im sure there are people who maybe stumble upon this blog who maybe I dont know, and my wish for you is that you leave a note to say you came, but also that you dont feel as alone and sad this time of year, that your lives are filled with joy.

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

Liz. that was a most wonderful post, and you are not alone, I feel alone in part around the holidays as well.

PS - Your friend is very gifted to have a friend such as you!